The Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria is committed to sustainability and green initiatives. We believe it is imperative to continually look for ways to reduce our impact on the planet for future generations.
To this end, we have implemented the following sustainability initiatives within the hotel:
Currently, 40% of our energy comes from renewable sources, we are committed to increasing that number in the next years.
ISO 14001 Certified
We have been ISO 14001 certified for many years. Certification according to ISO 14001 is not mandatory but is the result of the voluntary choice of the Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria which decides to establish and improve its own environmental management system.
The Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria invested in more sustainable transportation and facilities, with our luxury guest car and our caddies. We also shifted from gasoline to all-electric tools for our gardeners and maintenance team.
Sustainability Partnership Agreement
Many of our partnerships are green-based:
• All our e-commerce shipment is made with DHL and UPS following their sustainable processes.
• During summer 2021, we will donate €1,00 to a local sustainable foundation for every “Guido Royal” sold at our three bars, La Pergola Bar à Champagne, L’Orangerie poolside Bar and, Terrazza Vittoria Bar
• During 2021, we are supporting one of the World Wildlife Fund’s projects, the protection of the Caretta Caretta turtle, an expanding species that was popular along our coasts.
Air Conditioning/ Heat Pumps
Our systems comply with current regulations in terms of safeguarding and energy consumption as they are equipped with a system that independently regulates the maintenance of the room temperature in the absence of the guest, which cools/heat the room once occupied by the guest. We are equipped with heat pump systems to produce the air conditioning of the rooms (heating and cooling) and also the domestic hot water. This allows us to reduce harmful CO2 emissions.
We are currently in the midst of a lighting project as we transition to LED lighting in all common and back-of-house spaces. This will reduce our utility cost and carbon footprint significantly.
Skip Room Cleaning Program will allow our guests to choose if to skip room cleaning for one day or the entire stay, this will save 100L of water daily. All the water that we use to irrigate our five-acre garden comes from natural sources.
Elimination of Plastic
We are currently in the process of going completely plastic-free within the hotel.
Our recent initiatives include:
• Replacement of all plastic water bottles by early 2022.
• Converted to non-plastic straws in late 2018.
• Convert to biodegradable keycards by 2022.
• Utilization of paper (recyclable) retail and to-go bags, for take-away containers and other one-time use containers.
• Elimination of all plastic and paper, hotel directory, room service menu, laundry menu, and more by introducing in-room tablet in late 2019.
At the end of 2020, we started a recycling program that will allow us to give a second life to many of the most products. For example, all our old bathrobe will become beautiful pool bag that our guests can use during their stay.
The Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria follows a waste disposal program very precisely. Besides separating glass, organic and plastic, we follow specific procedures to handle the waste of hazardous materials, waste oils, batteries, toners, light bulbs, and more.
We will continue to adapt, change, and innovate in an effort to make this planet a better one for future generations.